    but psp will not open. :(, I will do a google search also, and go to
    olympus forums, but thought someone here would have a quick answer,
    Thanks.....

    Me, Feb 14, 2004

  2. Me

    fake name Guest

    you didn't say which platform you use, so I'll give you the answer for
    the good one :) try GraphicConverter from www.lemkesoft.de

    As far as the other platform is concerned, I have no clue...

    fake name, Feb 14, 2004

  3. Me

    Me Guest

    Sorry about that, I have winxp pro. What a real pain, I took all these
    great fun photos today and cant even use them. Olympus software is lowsy.

    Me, Feb 14, 2004
  4. Me

    John Navas Guest

    You say you don't even have Camedia, so how is it "lowsy?" PSP isn't Olympus
    software, and the Olympus plugin is for Adobe. Next time, look before you
    leap. ;-)

    In <> on Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:16:23 -0600,

    John Navas, Feb 14, 2004
  5. Me

    Jürgen Eidt Guest

    cPicture LE from http://cpicture.de/en
    It's free and can display most Raw formats (with the Raw plugin).

    Jürgen Eidt, Feb 14, 2004
  6. Me

    Rev S Love Guest

    ____

    Best non-PS one (IMO) is Paul Dempsey's (free) ORF Suite

    PC Version 125 available
    http://www.digitaldingus.com/e10club/e10downloads.html

    HTH

    Rev S Love, Feb 14, 2004
  7. Me

    Me Guest

    I do not like camedia, never have and doubt at this point that I ever will -
    I have purchased olympus d400, c4040 and the c5050. I do not think that
    camedia even reads the raw format, from what I have read at the olympus
    forums it doesn't, but I may be wrong about that, I will have to read more.
    As for looking before I leap .... well, from what I understand forums are
    for questions ike these, some people are nice enough to like to help.... if
    not, why waste YOUR time replying?

    Me, Feb 14, 2004
  8. Me

    Me Guest

    Thank you very much for your time and reply!!

    Me, Feb 14, 2004
  9. Me

    Me Guest

    Thank you, I just ran across this one, and have downloaded already, will
    give it a try! Thanks for your help!

    Me, Feb 14, 2004
  10. Me

    Jürgen Eidt Guest

    Jürgen Eidt, Feb 14, 2004
  11. Me

    Me Guest

    This is the best one, this works, now I can convert my photos, this little
    program has many features, Thank you for sharing it!

    Me, Feb 14, 2004
  12. Me

    fake name Guest

    email a RAW file to me () and I'll see if I can open it on my computer.

    fake name, Feb 15, 2004
  13. Me

    Me Guest

    CPicture http://cpicture.de/en

    This is the greatest program!!!! The full version is only $22.00, I am
    going to buy this one and tell everyone about it. So much better than
    camedia, Olympus ought to know about this! I am going to put in on the
    olympus forum.

    Thanks a lot!

    me ... email is remove nospam to email.

    Me, Feb 15, 2004
  14. Me

    Jimmy Guest

    Camedia 4.0 does open ORF files, at least it does opened those from my
    C-5050. While its not the best program around, it does a fair job of
    correcting lens distortion. You should have received it on disk with your
    camera purchases, so why not try it out for yourself?

    Jimmy, Feb 15, 2004
  15. Even the old Camedia 2.5 reads the RAW files (except on my XP
    machines). I read them in, change to TIFF and save. That's about the
    only use I've found for the Camedia software.

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger Halstead, Feb 15, 2004
  16. Me

    Me Guest

    I am using cpicture, it is a great program that really do like, I just don't
    like camedia, just my preferences. Thanks for the info though, I would have
    installed it again if I hadn't found something to open the photos I took
    today, they turned out really nice and I was just having fun with the sun
    and water.

    :- ).

    Me, Feb 15, 2004
  17. dcraw might work for you. Supports C5050 and C5060.

    Otherwise just get Photoshop. Price is not that bad.

    Photoshop 6 OEM on eBay: $50
    Upgrade to Photoshop CS: $169.
    Total: $219.

    Or get Photoshop Elements: $99 + elem->CS upgrade $299 = $400.

    There are many ways to avoid paying $650.

    Povl H. Pedersen, Feb 15, 2004