Olympus OM lenses to Olympus E-500 camera.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pvest, Feb 23, 2006.

  1. Pvest

    Pvest Guest

    I have an old Olympus OM-2 camera with several Olympus OM-system (Zuiko) lenses.

    Recently I bought a new Olympus E-500 digital camera and I believe that I red some place that these old Olympus OM lenses are compatible with Olympus E-500 cameras? But they have to be used with manual focus, since they don't have any electronics!!

    I tried to attach one of these lenses to my E-500, but it doesn't seem to fit and I don't wont to force it into the camera socket!!

    So I wonder if anybody can confirm whether these old lenses can be used in an Olympus E-500 camera or not?

    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Pvest.

    Pvest, Feb 23, 2006

  2. Pvest

    Rudy Benner Guest

    I have an old Olympus OM-2 camera with several Olympus OM-system (Zuiko)
    lenses.
    Recently I bought a new Olympus E-500 digital camera and I believe that I
    red some place that these old Olympus OM lenses are compatible with Olympus
    E-500 cameras? But they have to be used with manual focus, since they don't
    have any electronics!!
    I tried to attach one of these lenses to my E-500, but it doesn't seem to
    fit and I don't wont to force it into the camera socket!!
    So I wonder if anybody can confirm whether these old lenses can be used in
    an Olympus E-500 camera or not?
    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Pvest.

    Seems to me there is an adapter.
    My first and second SLR cameras were OM-1 and OM-2.
    Lost in a fire.
    I am not over it yet.

    R.

    Rudy Benner, Feb 23, 2006

  3. Pvest

    Pvest Guest

    Yes, you are right. I found an OM adapter when diving deeper into the web.
    But I think some one is making blood money here, when they charge us old Om
    users more than 100$ for a adapter for to enable us to use some of our old
    original equipment.

    I actually paid less for an original Olympus 40-150mm digital lens and here
    they are, wanting more than 100$ for a ring (adapter)!! :eek:(

    Pvest

    Pvest, Feb 23, 2006
  4. Pvest

    Alfred Molon Guest

    Feel free to ask here:

    Alfred Molon, Feb 23, 2006
  5. Pvest

    Rudy Benner Guest

    Yes, its sucks.

    Rudy Benner, Feb 23, 2006
  6. Pvest

    Crash Gordon Guest

    Yah I found one to fit my Nikon lenses to my E500...but at 175 smackers,
    it's gonna be a while before I pop for it.

    Crash Gordon, Feb 24, 2006
  7. Pvest

    RK Guest

    You can easily get an adapter for a hundred bucks from any number of
    vendors on line, or from Oly. Just get one and be happy. I have one and
    it works perfectly well. You'll have saved a lot of money., In the old
    days they gave them away with the 300 but times have changed.

    RK, Feb 24, 2006
  8. Pvest

    Patrick L Guest

    I have an old Olympus OM-2 camera with several Olympus OM-system (Zuiko)
    lenses.
    Recently I bought a new Olympus E-500 digital camera and I believe that I
    red some place that these old Olympus OM lenses are compatible with Olympus
    E-500 cameras? But they have to be used with manual focus, since they don't
    have any electronics!!
    I tried to attach one of these lenses to my E-500, but it doesn't seem to
    fit and I don't wont to force it into the camera socket!!
    So I wonder if anybody can confirm whether these old lenses can be used in
    an Olympus E-500 camera or not?
    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Pvest.

    You can get one free from olympus, just call Olympus Tech support and they
    will send you one.

    or

    E-mail your name, address, and the serial number from your camera body to
    along with a note requesting a 4/3 - OM adapter, and
    Olympus should set you right up.

    Patrick

    Patrick L, Feb 25, 2006
  9. Pvest

    Stacey Guest

    I think that promo ended..

    Stacey, Feb 25, 2006
  10. Pvest

    Don Guest

    Don, Feb 25, 2006
  11. Pvest

    Alan Browne Guest

    Isn't it curious that they use an ".org" site to tout the system when it
    is clearly a commercial venture. It's not like this standard is a boon
    to mankind or a push to get government to set a new standard...

    Alan Browne, Feb 25, 2006
  12. Darrell Larose, Feb 25, 2006