Olympus mju 400 and shooting small videos

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Janusz, Nov 4, 2004.

  1. Janusz

    Janusz Guest

    Hello,

    I have a problem with shooting small videos with my mju 400.
    It's got 128MB and before shooting it shows it can store about 400 seconds
    of the movie (320x200).

    However when I start shooting video, it starts count-down from 16seconds
    and after 16 second stops saving. After a while I can shoot again, another
    16s portion.

    I there any solution, any setting, so that I can take sequential shooting
    during whole 400secs, until the memory is run out ?

    Thanks in advance.

    PS. Usually I use my camera for taking pictures, however there are some
    scenes I would like to save in sequencial videos.

    Janusz

    Janusz, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Janusz

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi Janusz...

    Short answer is no.

    Long answer is that while the camera is recording video,
    it's filling its buffer... then it stops and writes
    the contents of the buffer to the card.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Nov 4, 2004

  3. Janusz

    Janusz Guest

    Thanks a lot, now I understand the issue.

    Janusz

    Janusz, Nov 4, 2004
  4. Janusz

    Daryl Guest

    Janusz, there are several free PC applications out there which will piece
    together segments for you to make longer segments. The one I use is Movie
    Joiner from http://www.movietoolbox.com/joiner.html

    It won't of course allow you to film longer segments on your camera but it
    may be of use.

    Regards,

    Daz

    Daryl, Nov 6, 2004