Olympus: "It's the end, the END!!!"

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Jan 11, 2011.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Jan 11, 2011

  2. RichA

    otter Guest

    20% is actually higher than I expected. How much of the market do
    Canon+Nikon have? It must be less than 80%. Say it's 60 to 70%. If
    split equally, that means they only have 30 to 35% market share each,
    themselves. Not so much more that Olympus couldn't be a niche
    player. That's IF, of course, they actually get the 20%.

    otter, Jan 11, 2011

  3. RichA

    otter Guest

    You gave a link to the second page of a two page article, which didn't
    have much on it. I see they are predicting micro 4/3rds will be 20%
    of the total interchangable lens camera market. That makes more
    sense, and gets Olympus back to probably a 6-7% share or so.

    otter, Jan 11, 2011