    RichA Guest

    Well, Nikon kept the 12 megapixel sensor going for a long time, and
    designed its own sensors for Sony to make.

    RichA, May 28, 2011

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    That is true, I imagine it does effect the design of the lenses, since
    Olympus is the only company to really show any interest in designing
    semi-telecentric lenses to compensate for the way sensors with
    microlenses behave with non-perpendicular light paths. But with in-
    firmware correction of aberrations adds another variable (if you shoot
    JPEG) to the equation. Having said that, I don't really know how
    substantially the micro lenses are different from the old 4/3rds,
    apart from their focus plane shift.
    But they quickly offered their own products.

    RichA, May 30, 2011
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    If Olympus is simply slapping new bodies on the 4/3rds lenses and
    doubling the prices in the process, that is unfortunate. The 4/3rds
    lenses were bargains in most cases, compared to the competition in APS.

    RichA, May 30, 2011
  5. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    "Bruce" and his delusions of grandeur! He believes he knows what's best,
    for the world's photographic industry.

    Now, if only, somebody would listen to him...

    John Turco, Jun 30, 2011