    a) will there be a voltage problem?
    b) what do I need to maintain TTL when using the flash off-camera (at a
    distance of, say, 1m)?

    Martin Francis, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Martin Francis

    ping-guin Guest

    I have similar setup with E20. What voltage you have in mind? Metz
    takes six AAA batteries Oly four. I thought about a way to reduce the
    voltage from my Quantum battery so I could use the same battery for
    camera and flash - so far its just an idea. As to TTL on E20 it was
    very frustrating experience, for some time it apperad to work then it
    quit and never was realy reliable. I reverted to regular tyrystor
    automatic thing. Always work close and long distance, bounced from
    walls ansd ceilings... from really close just put a piece of pantyhose
    over the flash to disperse the light.
    Good Luck
    Igor

    ping-guin, Aug 19, 2003

  3. Metz may have an off camera cable, I don't recall. If not, the Olympus FL-CB05
    should work. The FL-CB05 is usually $60 at B&H and Adorama (and of course more
    expensive at the Olympus online store).

    Michael Meissner, Aug 29, 2003