    i don´t need the remote control itself ?

    Thanks
    Allan

    Skybums, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Skybums

    mcgyverjones Guest

    I think the plug is proprietary so probably not available on it's own. I
    don't have my meter at home but if you don't have a definite answer on the
    pinouts by Tues I'll let you know then.
    I can tell you that the wires inside are black (common), brown (focus) and
    red (release) in case you are planning to cut it.

    As an aside, I once adapted a similar cable for a Nikon MD-12 drive and used
    a 1/8" stereo jack to adapt it to a cheap polaroid radio remote. Worked
    really well.

    MJ

    mcgyverjones, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Skybums

    Skybums Guest

    Sounds great :)

    Thanks

    Skybums, Aug 31, 2003
  4. Skybums

    mcgyverjones Guest

    Ok, here's the pinout info for CB-1 cable:

    3

    2 1
    "

    As on camera socket ( " is the index notch on the bottom)

    1 - brown wire, focus
    2 - red wire, shutter
    3 - black wire, common

    Note that the release itself is a two-stage leaf-switch, so the focus
    touches the common which then touches shutter, so all three are in contact
    at release.

    MJ

    mcgyverjones, Sep 3, 2003