    if it can accept anything larger than a 32MB card. Would anyone who has
    this older camera be able to tell me if it can accept a 64MB or a 128MB
    card? Thanks!

    alanryder, Jul 20, 2006

  2. alanryder

    tnom Guest

    It will only accept up to 32 mb.

    tnom, Jul 20, 2006

  3. alanryder

    GW Guest

    I wondered when my C2100uz said it could accept up to 64mb cards.
    That's just because there were not faster cards when the camera's
    manual was produced. If you're not certain, borrow a large card from
    someone and see if it works. Either that or buy one from a local store
    which has a good return policy. You shouldn't be limited by the camera,
    I'd think.

    GW, Jul 21, 2006
  4. I wondered when my C2100uz said it could accept up to 64mb cards.You may be limited by the camera's firmware. If the programmers who wrote
    it decided they didn't need to allow for more than n-bits in an address
    field then that can be a limiting factor.

    I had an engineer friend a long time back who built his own computer. This
    was back in the days before microprocessors and PCs. This computer's frame
    was built out of Dexion and solid wood beams, and the computer itself was
    made from discreet TTL logic - nothing more complicated than an AND gate. I
    seem to recall that his instruction code had 8 address lines so the hardware
    design limited the memory capacity to 256 "Words" (this was before computers
    could "bite") because "no private individual could ever afford to own more
    than that".

    It only took about a year and a half before he was eating his words.

    Keith

    Keith Sheppard, Jul 21, 2006
  5. alanryder

    Bill Funk Guest

    SM is indeed limited by the camera. SmartMedia isn't smart (and
    Compact Flash isn't compact :) ); the controller is in the device
    (the camera in this case) not the card. As time went by, the
    controllers could access larger SM cards, but the larger SM cards
    couldn't be seen by the older devices.
    Life is like that. :-(

    Bill Funk, Jul 25, 2006