    interest, I will explore the potential for a class action suit against
    them. For those who haven't yet bought a digital camera or are
    considering an Olympus, you might want to reconsider.

    olympussuit, Aug 27, 2003

  2. olympussuit

    George Kerby Guest

    Before you file a lawsuit maybe you should fix your clock. How do we know
    that Olympus has had your camera since May? You don't even know what day it
    is!

    George Kerby, Aug 28, 2003

  3. I'm fed up with Olympus ignoring a brand new camera repair since May.

    Perhaps next time you will do better research BEFORE buying something.
    The company's reputation, costs and time to repair, were all a part of my
    research before making the purchase.

    Suing a company because you didn't do the research first seems like a bad
    way to do things.

    Douglas Whittaker, Aug 28, 2003
  4. Other than their sticking to SM far longer then they should have, what
    No, it let's you know what sort of problem you will have IF you end up with a bad
    sample. You also don't expect your camera to get dropped or break, but you still
    research to find out how much each company charges for repairs and how long a
    repair usually takes, how close to home you can bring a camera for repairs, etc.

    Am I the only educated consumer who researches this before buying something?
    Canon is a fine choice indeed.

    Karen Weissman, Aug 29, 2003
  5. Why does he have to waste time doing all this, just to please you? I don't
    Just like Bush made up the complaint that we need to take over Iraq and all the other
    countries in the world should come help him???

    Perhaps this poster should become president of the USA?

    Cheryl Conice, Aug 29, 2003
  6. olympussuit

    Chuck Gadd Guest

    I've got two Olympus digital cameras. Both purchased used. One was
    purchased in perfect working condition, and is still that way. The
    other was purchased cheap with known damage, was shipped to the
    Olympus repair facility, and for a flat-rate $190, the camera was
    repaired and shipped back in 2 weeks.

    I couldn't be happier with their service, or the quality of the
    cameras.

    Chuck Gadd
    http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua

    Chuck Gadd, Aug 30, 2003