    downloaded the digital file I noticed that it is 72 DPI. Is there
    anyway to shoot in 300 dpi, so I don't have to change it in photoshop?
    Thanks K

    kat mcdonnell, Oct 9, 2003

  2. kat mcdonnell

    Charlie D Guest

    If your whites are grey, it's exposure, not white balance. Your
    paintings must have a lot of white in them.
    The exposure system wants the average value to be grey.
    I usually use the spot meter setting. Take a reading of a spot on your
    painting that should have a grey intensity.

    The DPI doesn't mean anything. Just set it to what you want. There may
    be a setting in your graphics program you can set to have it always at a
    DPI you choose.

    Charlie D, Oct 9, 2003

  3. kat mcdonnell

    Alfred Molon Guest

    For most accurate results use an 18% grey card and the RAW file format.
    Shoot a reference photo with the grey card, to know what white balance
    adjustment you need. By the way, you'll need the Adobe RAW plugin.

    Forget about the 72dpi figure - as Charlie said, it means nothing. You
    can set the dpi to whatever you want.

    Alfred Molon, Oct 9, 2003