    nor do I know much about electronics. Thanks for any help!!

    best
    Thomas Kreuz

    Thomas Kreuz, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Thomas Kreuz

    Zebedee Guest

    In theory, 0.2 volts should not make a great difference as it should be
    within the camera's tolerance. I, personally, would advise against using it
    until you get confirmation from Olympus as to whether it's usable. Whether
    the label on the battery is correct or not is another matter. Personally, I
    would never buy or use anything that came from e-bay.

    --
    Yours

    Zebedee

    (Claiming asylum in an attempt
    to escape paying his debts to
    Dougal and Florence)

    Zebedee, Jul 17, 2004

  3. Thomas Kreuz

    Alfred Molon Guest

    There are several people using it in the Olympus 5060 users group (link
    below) without problems. This battery can also be used with the Olympus
    8080.

    Alfred Molon, Jul 17, 2004
  4. Thomas Kreuz

    Adam Henry Guest

    although i havent been using my 5060 that much since getting my 300d,
    i did purchase a 2nd battery for it from here:

    http://www.thenerds.net/productpage.asp?un=199053&s=1

    the battery doesnt last as long as the original one that came with the
    camera, but for 14 bucks its nice to have as a backup.

    Adam Henry, Jul 17, 2004
  5. Thomas Kreuz

    Big Bill Guest

    Yeah, like Oly will say it's OK to use a non-Oly battery that's not
    within Oly's printed specs.
    I'd bet a quarter that, if asked, Oly will say "No.

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Jul 18, 2004
  6. Thomas Kreuz

    Zebedee Guest

    Of course they'll say "No" if you speak to the sales department. You need to
    ask somebody in the technical department. Technicians aren't interested in
    sales. They're interested in technical stuff.

    Zebedee, Jul 18, 2004
  7. Hi Adam

    Just a thought - how do you power the Canon?

    Artie

    Arte Phacting, Jul 19, 2004
  8. Thomas Kreuz

    Zebedee Guest

    Canon camcorder batteries.

    Zebedee, Jul 19, 2004
  9. Thomas Kreuz

    John Navas Guest

    In <40f98b42$0$28801$> on Sat, 17 Jul 2004
    You're missing out on some great deals. While there is sleazy stuff on eBay,
    there's also great stuff, and with a bit of care it's usually fairly easy to
    tell the difference.

    John Navas, Jul 19, 2004
  10. Thomas Kreuz

    Mark Johnson Guest

    Is there any real advantage to the 300d, given how much bulkier it
    must be, particularly with a long lens?

    Mark Johnson, Jul 27, 2004