    Smaller than other C-4XXX and C-5XXX models
    comes with charger and remote for $300

    Why did this camera flop, saleswise?

    Janet Flash, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Janet Flash

    Brent Geery Guest

    Who said it's not selling?

    Assuming you know what you are talking about, probably because of the
    slightly worse than average shutter lag, the low light auto-focus
    issues, the lack of histogram feature, the use proprietary LiIon
    battery, and only being compatible with expensive xD memory cards.

    Still, it's an amazing camera for the price, and offers stuff that no
    others offer in it's class. I mean, look at the purple haze seen in
    most other digital cameras around high contrasting elements... none of
    that with the C-5000 lens. I just got mine, and I'm loving it (I'll
    love it more, once I know what the hell I'm doing! :)

    Brent Geery, Mar 5, 2004