    Any clues?
    Cheers,
    Steve

    Steve, Aug 6, 2006

  2. Steve

    Roy G Guest

    Sorry, but I do not understand the reference to Formatting your PC.

    Your Camera uses its own internal Software (Firmware) to process and display
    images on its screen. It does not depend on any software in your computer.

    I have no Nikon or Fuji software in my computer, yet both of those cameras
    work perfectly well, and download images as and when I require.

    Formatting the memory card in the Computer instead of in the Camera could
    damage the card, and could prevent it from recording images.

    A badly damaged card might stop the Camera from working at all. But it
    would be very unlikely that a damaged card could still record images, and
    only stop the Camera reading recorded images, or Sensor Data.

    Try removing the batteries from the camera for 12 hours or so, so that it
    will revert to its original configuration, which will undo any incorrect
    settings you may have applied.. Also try another Card in the camera, if
    there are still no images on the camera LCD then the Camera is faulty.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Aug 6, 2006

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Hi Roy,
    I only mentioned the formatting of the PC as an afterthought.
    It just seems the only thing that has changed since the camera was
    working perfectly.
    I'll do the battery removal thing and see what happens.
    Thanks for the info.
    Cheers,
    Steve

    Steve, Aug 6, 2006
  4. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Hi again.
    I know this thread has disappeared from the first few pages but i just
    wanted to thank Roy.
    As you may guess from that last comment, his advice worked and my
    camera is now back to normal.
    Many thanks,
    Steve

    Steve, Aug 7, 2006