Oly D590 Zoom, Canon SD300, or Canon S410?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Fia, Nov 15, 2004.

  1. Fia

    Fia Guest

    Looking into getting a 4.0 MP camera. Something a little smaller than
    my Oly D510. I have heard some good things about the Canon Elph Cameras
    so wanted to look into them. Have been happy with my older Oly camera
    so wanted to consider the newer D590. Im sure they all take good
    pictures outdoors.

    One thing that would help is the camera that can take pictures in
    indoor/low light conditions. With my old one, if Im more than 5 or 6
    feet away the picture doesnt come out crisp. Of course, I need to stand
    back to take indoor family photos during the holidays to get everyone in
    the frame.

    Other things that are important to me:

    Connecting to my computer. My old Olympus required no software. Just
    plug in the usb and it shows up as a HD on my desktop (Mac OS).

    Batteries to a lesser extent. I like that my olympus uses AA batteries.
    I use rechargeable batteries but on vacation it is nice to know I can
    just grab some regular batteries from a 7/11.

    Price. Im looking to keep it around 300.00 or less.

    If you know of any camera consumer review websites, that would be great
    too.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Fia, Nov 15, 2004

  2. Fia

    Fia Guest

    Well maybe 350.00 or less now that I think about it. Of course, the
    lower the better provided the value is still there.

    Fia, Nov 15, 2004