    Name Guest

    Hi ... deperately seeking Olympus C750 SDK compatible firmware binary ...
    can anyone oblige?

    Name, May 3, 2004

  2. Name

    Dave Guest

    Dave, May 7, 2004

  3. Name

    Steve B Guest

    I think he's referring to the fact that the only firmware released causes SDK
    support to cease, quote Olympus' notes:-
    "- The models C-740 Ultra Zoom, C-750 Ultra Zoom will lose the capability to be
    controlled by PC
    (SDK-support)."

    Steve B, May 7, 2004
  4. Name

    Dave Guest

    "Steve B" <sbrads@nildramDOTcoDOTuk> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Dave" <> wrote:
    > > Name <> wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Hi ... deperately seeking Olympus C750 SDK compatible firmware
    > > > binary ... can anyone oblige?

    > > Huh? I'm not sure you know what you are saying. Please rephrase.
    > >
    > > http://cf.olympus-europa.com/consumer/digimg/downloads/firmware/

    > I think he's referring to the fact that the only firmware released
    > causes SDK support to cease, quote Olympus' notes:- "- The models
    > C-740 Ultra Zoom, C-750 Ultra Zoom will lose the capability to be
    > controlled by PC (SDK-support)."

    Could be. It would be nice if Olympus had considered that issue and
    offered two update files instead of fixating on Pictbridge (which a
    lot of us have no interest in). Of course Olympus is just now pulling
    its head out of its ass on the whole idea of providing firmware updates
    to users, and does not promote the remote control SDK features, so I
    sort of doubt the last version prior to Pictbridge will ever be made
    available -- unless PineTree/Cam2com users raise enough of a stink.

    Dave, May 8, 2004
  5. Name

    Doug Cutler Guest

    I seem to have missed this thread.
    I have an older C740UZ, as far as I know it still has the original firmware.
    I have considered upgrading because I have a Pictbridge enabled printer.
    Does this mean that my current firmware is PC controllable and if so how?
    Thanks,
    Doug.

    Doug Cutler, May 9, 2004
  6. Name

    Dave Guest

    "Doug Cutler" <> wrote in message news:<vNnnc.3675$>...
    > I seem to have missed this thread.
    > I have an older C740UZ, as far as I know it still has the original firmware.
    > I have considered upgrading because I have a Pictbridge enabled printer.
    > Does this mean that my current firmware is PC controllable and if so how?
    > Thanks,
    > Doug.

    See;

    http://sabsik.com/Cam2Com