    does the C-750 manage to do a good job without the AF illuminator?
    I'm talking primarily indoors pictures of people at night (with
    incandescent lighting).

    Lester, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Lester

    Giles Morant Guest

    The camera will focus on high contrast objects/clothing in fairly dim
    light; to ensure is _always_ works _instantly_ I have a MyMode thing
    set up for balls &c. where the flash is on, F5.6 and focus at about
    three or four feet. This means that for normal pictures of me and my
    friends, everything is in focus.

    It's a great camera. Buy it.

    giles.

    Giles Morant, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Lester

    Dave Guest

    Some people seem to have trouble with the C-750 autofocus indoors.
    Whst is your experience?

    Dave, Dec 8, 2003
  4. All the talk about C-750 being incapable of low-light photography is
    utter BS. Check out its review at www.megapixel.net for *claims*. They
    have posted photographs taken in a moonless night without any city
    lights.

    I haven't faced any problems with it indoors or in low-light. And it
    also has a nice noise reduction feature.

    Ofcourse, since the lens is not stabiilised, you need a tripod to use
    the 10x zoom.

    I carried my laptop to the dealer and checked out the shortlisted
    cameras by taking photographs outside the store and inside the store
    in the night. I used all the review sites and *claims* only for
    shortlisting 3-5 cameras.

    Siddhartha Jain, Dec 8, 2003
  5. Lester

    Dave Guest

    I think there is only one claim that worries me and that is that the
    C-750 auto-focus does not work well in low light. That is the main
    question I have. The camera does have a manual focus but how well can
    you judge focus from the small LCD? Now the purists do criticise the
    high F rating of the lens and suggest that a better lens would yield
    better low light sensitivity but that is moot.

    Dave, Dec 8, 2003
  6. Lester

    Robin S Guest

    Some people seem to have trouble with the C-750 autofocus indoors.
    Well I would love to know what the secret of indoor flash family photos is
    with the C750? My experience is that 9 out of 10 of my indoor flash photos
    are out of focus. In comparison I have a C3000 that will take good sharp
    photos every time.

    Outdoors the C750 is excellent and streets ahead of the C3000. What's the
    secret indoors ??

    Robin

    Robin S, Dec 9, 2003
  7. Thats interesting because except for low-light I don't ever have to
    change from Auto mode.

    I guess we better start trading photographs to figure out the thing.

    The other thing you could do is manually focus and get a nice pic with
    the info enabled. Then take a photograph in the auto mode and then
    compare the info of the both the pics. That should give you an idea as
    to what is happening.

    Siddhartha Jain, Dec 9, 2003