Oly C-5050-Z setting flash via jog dial no longer responding

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Frank H, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. Frank H

    Frank H Guest

    Hi all,

    I surely could use some help here.

    My six Months old Oly C-5050-Z no longer flashes.
    It is not a battery problem, but I can no longer adjust the flash
    settings via the jog dial. At the moment it is set to no flash, or it
    might have set itself to no flash, and nothing I can come up with lets
    the dial make changes to the displayed settings. So there is no flash.
    Everything else seems to work.
    I also have a C-4040-Z, and a Coolpix 3100, so I am not exactly new to
    digi-cams. I hope it is something I overlooked.
    If someone has an answer to this problem I am having, please respond.
    The dealer I bought it from suggested I bring it in. And most likely
    they would send it away to the factory. I am sort of stuck here,
    looking after my 94 year old mother. So taking time off is not often
    too easy.

    Cheers, Frank

    Frank H, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Frank: Did you try the "reset all" option in the settings? I'd do that
    first, and, if that doesn't take care of it, remove the batteries and let
    the camera sit for a day or two, then try again.

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

    Mike Jacoubowsky, Nov 22, 2003

  3. Frank H

    Frank H Guest

    Thanks Mike,
    I'll give that a try first.
    Perhaps it is something that easy. Would be nice.

    Cheers, Frank

    Frank H, Nov 22, 2003