    device? [Unbadged, but I think it's a Chinese clone of an iPod Nano]

    Q2. Might I damage the MP4 player if I hooked it up to try it?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Ummmmmmm......., Jul 8, 2012

  2. Ummmmmmm.......

    Richard Guest

    Might not charge when unenumerated, most non i devices will charge at
    full current if they see the D+ and D- pins connected together.

    Richard, Jul 8, 2012

  3. Ummmmmmm.......,

    So long the quality of the hub is reasonable, I do not see why not.

    If anything, I would see you bricking the hub because of the (if so) bad
    quality of the MPwhatever player. Hence why unless I am synchronising
    with a PC, I prefer to use standalone AC USB chargers or self-powered
    hubs for charging than the PC’s USB ports.

    Kia ora,
    Jonathan.

    Jonathan Ah Kit, Jul 8, 2012