Old Sun/Solaris systems/keyboard/monitors

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Roger Williams, May 18, 2005.

  1. We have some old Sun bits and pieces available for anyone who might
    appreciate them. A truncated list follows. There's other odds and ends as
    well, like external disk packs (no-name brand), Type 5 keyboards (with
    optical or mechanical mice), 17" or 20" Sun colour monitors, etc...

    Sun SPARCstation 4 - no disk
    Sun SPARCstation 20 - no disk
    Sun SPARCstation IPX - 24 MB
    Sun SPARCclassicX - 16 MB
    Sun SPARCclassicX - 8 MB
    Sun SPARCclassicX - 8 MB
    Sun SPARCclassicX - 8 MB
    Sun SPARCclassicX - 32 MB
    Sun SPARCclassicX - 8 MB
    Sun SPARCclassicX - 32 MB
    Sun Xterminal 1 - 16 MB - invalid idprom
    Sun Xterminal 1 - 16 MB - invalid idprom
    Sun Xterminal 1 - 16 MB
    Sun Xterminal 1 - 16 MB
    Sun SPARCstation 20 - dual CPU, 256MB, no disk
    Sun SPARCstation LX - 64MB, 1 GB disk

    Novices will find photos of systems like these at this site

    http://www.obsolyte.com/sunPICS/

    Initial enquiries by email only please. This stuff will have to be
    collected by you from Gracefield, Lower Hutt (which is in New Zealand - for
    those of you reading along from Overseas).

    A final tip - if you don't know what these things are, then you *really*
    don't want to acquire them. IMHO they are *not* a good base for Linux :)

    Roger Williams, May 18, 2005

  2. Roger Williams

    phstpok Guest

    Once I would have killed for this lot.

    Ran freebsd on a sparcstation 20 for years. (webserver)

    Rob

    phstpok, May 18, 2005