    get new speakers?

    thanks

    jamie

    jamie kate fraser, Aug 21, 2003

  2. jamie kate fraser

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as jamie kate fraser continued:
    Strange middle name you have there, young man (?)

    slumpy, Aug 21, 2003

  3. jamie kate fraser

    DRM Guest

    A cheaper alternative if you have a hifi in the same room as the pc is to
    buy a long audio phono lead red and white left and right connections at one
    end and jack at the other, plug the jack into your audio input on your pc
    and plug the red and white phonos into an input on your hifi say the aux or
    tape inputs.

    DRM, Aug 21, 2003
  4. jamie kate fraser

    Brian Guest

    Have you checked the volume settings on the computer itself? Click the
    speaker in the task bar ( or start > settings > control panel > sounds &
    multimedia ), and bump up the Play Control Balance and Wave Balance some,
    see if this doesn't make it a bit louder.

    Brian, Aug 21, 2003
  5. jamie kate fraser

    Greg Guest

    Your new computer probably came with a soundcard without an on-board
    amplifier. The older SoundBlaster had these. The new ones don't. They have
    line-level out so as not to have distortion when running sound from the
    sound card into a home stereo or an electronic component with a line-level
    in. If you want to crank your sound then you will have to get a 2.1 system
    with some powerful satellites and a subwoofer. There are several brands on
    the market with enough backbone to shake your desk.

    Greg, Aug 21, 2003
  6. jamie kate fraser

    Barry OGrady Guest

    You should get a keyboard with a working shift key.

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

    Barry OGrady, Aug 22, 2003