    its inception up until now.

    -Woodzy
    http://www.rtdos.com

    *Prot3anThr3ad*, Sep 29, 2006

  2. *Prot3anThr3ad*

    why? Guest

    x-post cut to 24hshd from
    Newsgroups:
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++,comp.lang.c++,alt.comp.freeware,24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Such as the manuals and examples in the boxes of Turbo C++ DOS Ver 3.0
    and Turbo C++ Windows V4.5 sitting here :) Got rid of BC++4.5 years
    ago.

    You may like to try djgpp http://www.delorie.com/ and download the
    example code.

    Searching past posts in 24hshd,

    The usual 0.12 seconds from www.google.com

    Spaceblue | Code Repository
    C++ code written for both Windows and Linux platforms. C++ Windows Only
    C++ code written for Windows platforms. wxWidgets wxWidgets (previously
    known as ...
    www.spaceblue.com/code.php?TypeID=2 - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

    Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Resources
    Code-Source - Source code repository. Algorithms with various language
    versions ... of helping others learn to program. C, C++, Perl, Python,
    HTML sources. ...
    dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Resources/ - 23k - Cached - Similar pages

    Online Code Repository
    There is also some old code in C++ and Prolog, but these are not being
    maintained. ... 23.7, 862, Regular expression or program to extract
    company names ...
    aima.cs.berkeley.edu/code.html - 25k - Cached - Similar pages

    why?, Sep 29, 2006

  3. I think you can get an old version of the Inventor (SGI) source code. I
    remember when I looked at it that it was doing many things to work
    around compiler issues that you wouldn't even dream of doing today. It
    probably won't run on borland tho.

    Gianni Mariani, Sep 30, 2006
  4. *Prot3anThr3ad*

    Greg Comeau Guest

    He could also look at some of Stroustrup's books (D&E, ARM) which
    contains many of the technicalities many in painful detail,
    as well as Stroustrup's various books (same ones) and papers
    (many available on his website http://www.research.att.com/~bs )
    listing many aspects of the history, again main in painful details.
    Actually, unless the narrative is for school, I would say most
    of the job is already done and no need to duplicate it.

    Greg Comeau, Sep 30, 2006
  5. yea its for school.

    -Woodzy

    *Prot3anThr3ad*, Sep 30, 2006

  6. Thanks, Greg. I never realized that Stroustrup also worked at bell
    labs.

    *Prot3anThr3ad*, Sep 30, 2006
  7. *Prot3anThr3ad*

    Peter Gordon Guest

    If you are trying to document the history of C++, you have a long
    way to go. It was developed to write the software for Bell's
    telephone exchanges.

    Peter Gordon, Sep 30, 2006

  8. What I would like to do is document the changes in C++ from the early
    days until the current standard (for example, how many different ways
    can you write the plain hello.cpp program using the different
    standards) which is why i want to look at older source code.

    *Prot3anThr3ad*, Oct 2, 2006