    I was wondering if there is any sort of trick one must use with these
    old sets in order to use the S-Video capabilities. I've tried two
    different cables so I doubt it is a cable issue. Thanks.

    Dan Markham, Nov 10, 2003

  2. I assume you used the tv menu to change the input selection
    as it probably isn't automatic as some newew model tvs are
    capable of.

    Darrel :)

    Darrel Christenson, Nov 10, 2003

  3. Dan Markham wrote:

    "I have 1991 RCA TV with an S-Video connection. I long ago lost the
    manual and RCA has not been responsive so I am hoping someone here can
    help. Simply put, when I try to connect the TV and a new DVD player via
    S-Video I do not get a picture. The composite connection works. I was
    wondering if there is any sort of trick one must use with these old sets
    in order to use the S-Video capabilities. I've tried two different
    cables so I doubt it is a cable issue. Thanks."

    You might also check your DVD player's setup menu to see if there is a
    option to select the output type.

    NeoMaxiZoomDweeby, Nov 10, 2003
  4. Note that if something is conected to the composite input then the
    S-video in is disabled.

    . Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Nov 10, 2003
  5. Dan Markham

    Jordan Lund Guest

    You probably need to change the Input from "Input 1" (which is shared
    between Component and Composite) to "S-Video".

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Nov 10, 2003
  6. You might try seeing if you can find the manual on line. Also, my
    6-year-old RCA receives S-video input on 00 (also used for the 2nd
    VCR).

    Maureen Goldman, Nov 10, 2003
  7. Dan Markham

    Biz Guest

    You might not be able to have connections to the s-video and composite
    inputs at the same time. What channel number or input does the tv need to
    be on to show the s-video input? It can be different than the channel
    number/input used for composite. Hook the dvd player up using compsite
    video connection and make sure you don't ahve to turn on the s-video output
    on the player. One of those ideas should help sort it out for you.

    Biz, Nov 10, 2003
  8. Dan Markham

    GMAN Guest

    you dont have both composite AND svhs cables connected at the same time do
    you? Sometimes one takes presidence over the other.

    Also some tv's require an audio signal to be present in addition to the
    s-video connection to make it work.

    GMAN, Nov 10, 2003
  9. Dan Markham

    sanpablo Guest

    My brother's RCA TV uses channels 91, 92 and I think 93 for
    video inputs. Check those. As someone else mentioned, you may
    have to switch between video and s-video in a set-up menu.

    sanpablo, Nov 11, 2003