    program files. I tried some linuxlive commands on the partition with
    no luck. I was able to change the name of the folders thats all. How
    can I get rid of these files without reformatting?

    Wonderer, Apr 8, 2007

  2. Wonderer

    Meat Plow Guest

    What error message you get?

    --
    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Apr 8, 2007

  3. Wonderer

    Wonderer Guest

    I get the "restricted file"

    Wonderer, Apr 8, 2007
  4. Wonderer

    Meat Plow Guest

    Hmmm, try taking ownership recursively?
    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Apr 8, 2007
  5. Wonderer

    Wonderer Guest

    How do I do that?

    Wonderer, Apr 9, 2007
  6. Wonderer

    why? Guest

    http://www.google.com/search?q=windows+xp+file+ownership

    1st hit -
    Describes how to take ownership of files or folders that you may not
    have permissions for if you are an administrator for that computer.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421 - Similar pages

    3rd hit -
    How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP?
    How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP? When you access
    a file or a folder in your system, you may receive an error "Access
    Denied", ...
    www.winxptutor.com/ownership.htm - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

    Me

    why?, Apr 9, 2007
  7. Wonderer

    Meat Plow Guest

    Thanks :)

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794