    paul beard Guest

    Any one know how to get rid of old posts? i seen to have 2-300 posts on some
    news groups, but I dont want to unsubscribe?

    paul beard, May 25, 2004

  2. paul beard

    °Mike° Guest

    Right click on the group and choose 'Catch up'.
    Right click again and choose 'Properties / Local file'.
    Press 'Delete' and then 'Compact'.

    °Mike°, May 25, 2004

  3. Have you tried "Hide read messages" ?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, May 25, 2004
  4. paul beard

    Brian Guest

    ok. u need to make a "rule" for news group postings.. as follows:-

    tab extras>>postrules or something (excuse me for the inacurate transaltion
    but i am using the german version of windows)>>news>>new ruleand tick in the
    upper box "if older than" in the bottom box tick "delete" then in the very
    bottom box click on the blue highlited "string" and a new window will appear
    type in there whatever u desire and any posts older than what you typed in
    will be deleted... this rule stays in action until u change/delete it

    Brian

    Brian, May 26, 2004
  5. paul beard

    Brian Guest

    oh and once you have finished the above sequence click apply now.. wont have
    to wait until tomorrow then ;)

    Brian, May 26, 2004
  6. paul beard

    reid decker Guest

    Click on that newsgroup, then hit delete. Then resubscribe and click on
    NEW MESSAGES ONLY. Resubscribe the same way you subscribed in the first
    place.

    reid decker, May 26, 2004