    It's a 3.3MP camera 7 years old. It cost $800 new but probably not worth
    $100 now. Or any way to disable the damned flash like jamming a red-hot
    poker into it :) ?

    Paul Furman, Sep 2, 2007

  2. Paul Furman

    Paul Furman Guest

    Yes, and I don't really need the camera but it's a bummer to lose macro
    and I never want flash. Any ideas how to disable the flash?

    Paul Furman, Sep 3, 2007

  3. Paul Furman

    EO Guest

    Probably not worth the money even if you could find some one to fix.
    Doubt if value is $50.00 now. I have one that is still going strong but
    realize that it will not last forever.

    Ed

    EO, Sep 3, 2007
  4. Paul Furman

    ASAAR Guest

    While common kryptonite (green) can disable Superman, it has no
    effect on the Flash. There's as slight possibility that a variety
    known as Gold Kryptonite can, but I don't have access to the primary
    research (The Flash #175), which would settle the matter.
    http://www.answers.com/topic/kryptonite-1

    A slim possibility . . . I once had a problem with a small
    Grundig digital radio where most buttons functioned normally, a
    couple of buttons appeared totally dead (no response when pressed),
    and a few others, when pressed, caused an abnormal response.
    Pressing a small, nearly hidden "reset" button caused the radio to
    lose its station presets as well as the current time, but otherwise
    had no effect on the buttons. What finally cured the problem was
    removing the batteries for about 10 minutes. Maybe something like
    this can also cure your C3030? I'll be *very* hard to try this with
    some cameras, since a few of them use a small rechargeable backup
    battery internally that can't be removed, and in order to discharge
    them (without disassembling the camera) the main batteries have to
    be removed for a month or more.

    ASAAR, Sep 3, 2007
  5. Paul Furman

    John Turco Guest

    <edited, for brevity>

    Hello, ASAAR:

    Oh, I remember seeing that issue, on the comic book racks, back in the
    late 1960's. I didn't buy it, though, because I was into my Marvel
    phase, exclusively, by then. <g>

    It was a stupid idea, anyway. I mean, unlike Superman, the Flash can't
    fly. Therefore, how can he "race to the end of the universe," may I ask?

    Then, again, the "Fastest Man Alive" is able to "vibrate" through solid
    walls, so, I guess anything is possible. :)

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Sep 6, 2007
  6. Paul Furman

    Paul Furman Guest

    Followup...

    I cut the rubber out with an utility knife and can now activate the
    buttons with a dull graphite pencil. There is a row of circuit board
    stripes beneath which must have been shorted by some coating on the
    rubber that wore off. I'll just have to keep some tape over the holes to
    keep it clean.

    Paul Furman, Sep 12, 2007
  7. Paul Furman

    RonTheGuy Guest

    Paul,
    A graphite pencil will leave conductive residue, so don't use that.
    Anything metal should do.
    Ron

    RonTheGuy, Sep 12, 2007