    with 2 USB slots which requires CardBus PC Card Type II slot. The
    laptop so far remains oblivious to the card. Could it be that it is
    just too old, doesn't have the right slot?

    GraB, Jun 3, 2005

  2. GraB

    GraB Guest

    I think this might be the case - with USB dongle removed it still
    doesn't show up. In Control Panel / PC Card (PCMCIA) it shows Socket
    1 and 2 empty but not if I plug in a modem card. It recognises that.

    Laptop too old for Type II slot?

    GraB, Jun 3, 2005

  3. Old enough to require card services drivers to make the slot work.

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*

    Collector»NZ, Jun 3, 2005
  4. GraB

    Frank Sams Guest

    The 5400 is only PCBUS, you need Card Bus to run this card

    Frank Sams, Jun 4, 2005
  5. GraB

    GraB Guest

    Could you elaborate? Belkin website said drivers are not needed. I
    gather it is not a Type I or II issue - that refers to the card's
    thickness. I think it is a case of 16-bit slot / 32-bit card.

    Don't you just love those sites that bring up exactly the same page
    again when you click on the 'more info' link?

    GraB, Jun 4, 2005