Ok, you've all been waiting for this.

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John Kennerson, May 12, 2014.

  1. John Kennerson, May 12, 2014

  2. John Kennerson

    Király Guest

    Your Mac running OS X has always had it.

    Király, May 12, 2014

  3. Anonymous Remailer (austria), May 12, 2014
  4. John Kennerson

    Brian Gordon Guest

    I use it daily under OS X ...

    Brian Gordon, May 12, 2014
  5. John Kennerson

    Anonymous Guest

    The MAC telnet terminal emulator sux.

    Anonymous, May 13, 2014
  6. John Kennerson

    billy Guest

    It still has some vaule. Example (one of many) -

    telnet route-server.he.net

    Billy Y..

    billy, May 13, 2014
  7. John Kennerson

    Anonymous, May 13, 2014
  8. John Kennerson

    Jack Ryan Guest

    Jack Ryan, May 13, 2014
  9. John Kennerson

    Siri Crews Guest

    Many protocols were designed so they could be exercised with the telnet program.

    @ telnet www.apple.com 80
    Trying 23.203.189.15...
    Connected to www.apple.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    GET / HTTP/1.0

    HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
    Server: AkamaiGHost
    Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 09:47:36 GMT
    Connection: close

    <HTML><HEAD>
    <TITLE>Invalid URL</TITLE>
    </HEAD><BODY>
    <H1>Invalid URL</H1>
    The requested URL "/", is invalid.<p>
    Reference #9.455832b8.1399974456.20671e85
    </BODY></HTML>
    Connection closed by foreign host.

    Siri Crews, May 13, 2014
  10. John Kennerson

    Paul Sture Guest

    Outbound TELNET yes, and it can be a very useful diagnostic tool. You can
    if you want TELNET to port 119 of your news provider and relive that BBS
    style interface for reading and posting news.

    OS X also has inbound TELNET, which is disabled by default. I did enable
    inbound TELNET in the Panther/Tiger era just for the heck of it, but it
    wasn't easy to do so. Someone at Apple sensibly thought it wasn't a good
    idea so put some obstacles in the way.

    Paul Sture, May 13, 2014
  11. John Kennerson

    Your Name Guest