Ok, rotate AVI, save as AVI (mjpeg)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steve, Aug 10, 2003.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    I have a bunch of AVI files, these came from my Fujifilm digital camera at
    640X480. I filmed a few things in portrait, so it's really 480X640 I suppose.
    The quality is quite good, surprising actually.

    I want to rotate these 90 degrees to the right. Yes, I have read all the
    messages dealing with rotating, and none do what I wish to do near as I can
    tell. I have downloaded VirtualDub but it will not save an MJPEG in an AVI file,
    at least I cannot.

    A sample source movie is around 16MB, 30FPS, 640x480, MJPEG in an AVI. Using any
    if the codecs in VirtualDub, the output is always vastly bigger, which I do not
    want. I merely want the video rotated 90 degrees. I also want the video playable
    on most Windows machines without installing codecs on them. i.e., I am going to
    distribute to family. So far, I have been unsuccessful except with Windows Movie
    Maker 2, which does a fair video job, but the audio comes out just awful.

    So, what software can I use to make my avi rotated, yet still play on most any
    Windows PC without additional software and or codecs to install? And without
    spending a ton of time to convert the video, i.e. not manual?

    Steve

    Steve, Aug 10, 2003

  2. Steve

    itieu Guest

    Ask in alt.binaries.multimedia.utilities..................

    itieu

    itieu, Aug 10, 2003

  3. Steve

    eimage

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Rotating avi or image

    I have a function that will rotate any image you send to it.
    just copy each frame to the clipboard then send that image to the function and it will return your image rotated to what ever angle you want. Next send image to frame and save in file format of choice. The function is located on ess-image.com/Graphic/Image_Processing/Rotate_Image.aspx There are a number of other functions like Sharpen Image, Smoothing Image, Embossing filter, Find Edge Filter, Flip Image, Gamma Correction Filter,
    Greyscale Filter just to mension a few.

    I hope this helps you
    PS if you need more help please let me know

    eimage, Jul 17, 2009