    I hope that I'm not off topic here. Where else could I ask this?
    If not here, I apologize and this string will end immediately

    DD

    zZz, Dec 9, 2004

  2. Burners are basically generic & disposable these days. Buy whatever's
    priced lowest.

    Dennis Turner, Dec 9, 2004

  3. zZz

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | Ok Gurus, I'm looking to purchase a new DVD burner... Lacie or
    | Plextor? ... Hows there support also?
    |

    | I hope that I'm not off topic here. Where else could I ask this?
    | If not here, I apologize and this string will end immediately

    "NOTHING" is off topic here <g>

    If the price is good, buy it. I'm not a big fan of "brand names", but I will
    say that Plextor has always been one of the leading edge developers of CD
    equipment. I doubt you could go wrong with that.

    On the other hand, there's been an NEC dual layer drive discussed lately
    that seems to be getting good reviews. But dual layer technology is rather
    new, and so the debate is raging as to whether it is a good idea to go dual
    layer now, or "wait for the dust to settle".

    Toolman Tim, Dec 9, 2004
  4. zZz

    sethra Guest

    zZz wrote in
    You should be able to find reviews and information on this web site or in
    their forums:

    http://www.cdfreaks.com/

    sethra, Dec 9, 2004
  5. zZz

    zZz Guest

    Thanks, Now thats more like it

    zZz, Dec 9, 2004
  6. zZz

    zZz Guest

    Thanks, I'm gonna look into the NEC and see what the rage is.

    Appreciated.

    zZz, Dec 9, 2004