  1. Oprah

    Oprah Guest

    .... because he's a Black man in a lily white America.

    Oprah, Dec 5, 2008

  2. Yeah, it had nothing to do with armed robbery and threatened kidnapping,
    did it? <snort>

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 5, 2008

  3. Partially. Mostly because he was set up and taken down by people he
    trusted not to screw him. Why *did* the lead witness just happen to have
    a tape recorder running ever so convieniently to document everything
    that went down?
    Everyone has a price.
    FYI
    HTH

    §ñühw¤£f, Dec 5, 2008
  4. If that would have been anybody else they would have gotten probation. 15
    years for a first time offender is ridicules, the judge was being bias.

    The Real Truth MVP, Dec 5, 2008
  5. No, one can't be bias. One can have bias; one can be biased. You sound
    like the uneducated ghetto cries of "You prejudice!"; no, one can have
    prejudice and one can be prejudiced.

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 5, 2008
  6. Oprah

    Aardvark Guest

    ....and you forgot 'ridicules' instead of 'ridiculous' :).

    Aardvark, Dec 5, 2008
  7. Whoooooooosh! that one flew right by you Blinky. Let's try it again. 15
    years for a first time offender, OJ has no criminal convictions, is based
    solely on the fact that he is OJ, the publicity, and the fact that most
    think he got away with murder including the judge. He could never get a fair
    trial. Lets hope the appeal goes better. I worked for CNN during his murder
    trial and I was in the courtroom every day. I've seen more then what was
    shown on TV. The verdict was the correct one back then.

    The Real Truth MVP, Dec 5, 2008
  8. Oprah

    chuckcar Guest

    He didn't *get* 15 years. He got a minimum sentence of 7 years.

    chuckcar, Dec 6, 2008
  9. Oprah

    83LowRider Guest

    He was convicted, the judge must impose mandatory sentencing.
    She was actually pretty easy on him, and could have, at her
    discretion, sentenced him to more time, or even harsher, the
    sentences to run consecutively, rather than concurrently.

    83LowRider, Dec 6, 2008
  10. Brrrrrttt! Speaking of being ridicules...

    <http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/05/oj.simpson.sentencing/index.html>

    "LAS VEGAS, Nevada (CNN) - Former gridiron great O.J. Simpson was
    *sentenced* Friday to at least *15* years in prison for his role in an
    armed confrontation with sports memorabilia dealers in a Las Vegas hotel
    in 2007.

    He must serve *at* *least* *nine* years before he can be considered for
    *parole*."

    <http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/06/us/06simpson.html?_r=1&hp>

    "Simpson Sentenced to at Least 9 Years in Prison"
    "Mr. Simpson¢s maximum sentence could be 33 years."

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 6, 2008
  11. Oprah

    chuckcar Guest

    Hmm. CNN vs. the 6:00 p.m. Canadian news. No contest. Sorry, but CNN
    sucks.

    chuckcar, Dec 6, 2008
  12. So ... is that your excuse for being wrong? Why listen to Canadian news
    for an American trial?

    Brrrrrttt!

    Do you trust The Toronto Globe and Mail? Canadian enough for you?
    <http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...205.wojsimpson1205/BNStory/International/home>

    "Mr. Simpson could serve up to 33 years but could be eligible for parole
    after nine years, according to Elana Roberto, the judge's clerk."

    If I were you, I'd quit watching whatever TV station you saw...

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 6, 2008
  13. Oprah

    Evan Platt Guest

    Yeah, do I trust CNN, or some Kanuk evening news?

    Tough call.

    You are an idiot.

    Evan Platt, Dec 6, 2008
  14. Be fair, Evan, be fair.

    It's Canuck. ;-)

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 6, 2008
  15. Oprah

    ® Guest

    What about him breaking big rocks into progessively smaller ones?

    ®, Dec 6, 2008
  16. Oprah

    83LowRider Guest

    Methinks some of the other prisoners will look forward to breaking
    HIS 'big rocks' into smaller rocks.

    83LowRider, Dec 6, 2008
  17. Oprah

    Pennywise Guest

    I've been sitting on this for two years, his jog has already been
    decided. http://i38.tinypic.com/1zywyts.jpg

    Pennywise, Dec 6, 2008
  18. Blinky the Shark speaketh thusly:
    So, I guess if I'm hearing you correctly, you wouldn't think my
    new line of barbeque sauce called "Prejudiced" would be a big
    seller... Thye Ad campaign was scheduled to go "It's so spicy
    it makes all the others seem as prejudiced as MAYONNAISE!"

    ["Prejudice" vs "prejudicial"... "puh-taa-toe" vs "poe-tay-toe"...
    "Rocky" vs "Rambo"....] It's sure some damn good barbeque sauce!

    My bet as well is that a white guy would have gotten a stiff probation.
    Nobody got hurt and apparently he made a good case that he had some
    claim to the stuff because the presiding jurist [unfortunately] made
    a big deal out of his coming to Nevada to avoid the Goldmans' claims
    on his assests... See, this goes to the "mens-rea" they were yammering
    about... just because he was attempting to avoid the Goldmans' judgment
    does not mean he was guilty of some other crime. The "mens-rea"
    combined with the "actus-reus" are necessary to establish any crime,
    as a matter of law. Juries decide the facts, but the judge is supposed
    to control the law as it is appropriately applied.

    Bummer that OJ had to go and murder not only a woman, but a white woman
    too... and then the judge is a *WHaaaaaaaT*? White woman? Well, she
    didn't have the bleach-blonde thang goin' on... That seems fair.

    --

    I am Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , & I got the Christmas Spirit! <(*(}^%{>~*

    Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous Holiday Season! Yes, even
    to the degenerate Hatfields and McCoys because peace is what the baby
    Jesus would want under his Christmas tree - and Tonka Toys too!
    What-up with all this gold, frankincense and myrrh crap? It's like
    getting underwear, pajamas, and toothbrushes - all wrapped up. WTF?!?!

    http://congratulations-your-free-gift.notlong.com/

    Repent, the end is near! So... smoke'em if you got'em.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 6, 2008
  19. Oprah

    Pennywise Guest

    How about JOB

    Pennywise, Dec 6, 2008
  20. proliferated this using

    With credit for life's experience... and the Goldmans get
    more money too. So now he's spending the next 9 years
    bemoaning that they ditnet even try the 'glove don't fit'
    poem... wonder if you can the secks with a Swiss cheese?

    The working title for the movie could be called

    "The Glove Don't Fit and Swiss Cheese Be My Bitch"

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 6, 2008