Oil Rig - By Night

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Rene, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Rene

    Rene Guest

    Rene, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Rene

    Charlie D Guest

    http://www.rharte.nl/images/fotoindex_main.html

    VERY pretty and impressive.
    Thanks for posting them.

    Charlie D, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Rene

    Todd Walker Guest

    Great pics. My only gripe is the fringing around the lights but this is
    a very difficult situation for any digital camera, and most would
    display the same thing. Nice shots!

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Jul 16, 2003
  4. Rene

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Paul Heslop, Jul 16, 2003
  5. Rene

    David Seaman Guest

    Both are really impressive photos, I particularly like the second one.
    If global oil companies sold post cards, that would be one of them. :)

    Thanks for sharing,

    David, Co-Founder
    http://www.shutterline.com

    David Seaman, Jul 17, 2003
  6. Rene

    Charlie D Guest

    That's an idea.
    It =is= the biggest rig in the world. He should send them a small photo
    and see if they're interested in a larger one for publicity, cover of
    company magazine or such.

    Charlie D, Jul 17, 2003
  7. Rene

    Leo Stern Guest

    1. Stop this crossposting.

    2. The automatic shrinking of the picture let it
    looks like s**t.

    Leo Stern, Jul 17, 2003
  8. Rene

    Rene Guest

    Please tell me why? Do you call the shots here?
    Well, my friend: your own browser is to blame for that, not me.
    You can also save the picture on your HD, and view it in
    any way you like.
    Furthermore, you seem to be in disagreement with everybody else
    in this thread regarding the quality of the pic. So if you don't have
    any constructive criticism, or a funded opinion, there's not
    much I can do with this reaction.....

    Grtx,

    Rene

    Rene, Jul 17, 2003
  9. Rene

    Don Forsling Guest

    So what's the big deal on the crossposting? The pictures are just fine.
    They are rather well-done in a technical sense and the subject matter is
    interesting. But your browser operation evidently isn't up to snuff.

    Don Forsling, Jul 17, 2003
  10. Rene

    Charlie D Guest

    I would say that Leo Stern isn't up to snuff
    probably Howard Stern's illegitimate son.

    Charlie D, Jul 17, 2003
  11. Rene

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Although I agree about xposting and the mention of the german speaking
    group obviously adds another slant the "The automatic shrinking of the
    picture let it looks like s**t." part of the post was an obvious flame.

    Paul Heslop, Jul 17, 2003
  12. Rene

    George Kerby Guest

    You are also crossposting you stupid asshole...
    Sounds like a personal problem to me so SIT on it and ROTATE!!!

    George Kerby, Jul 17, 2003
  13. Rene

    J. A. Mc. Guest

    He's not in disagreement with -everybody-. I aslo pointed out in an
    email to you along with some suggestions ...

    "Forcing the browser to resize (Height=90%) guarantees that your image
    will look a lesser quality than if you size it to the exact size you
    want displayed."

    J. A. Mc., Jul 17, 2003
  14. Rene

    Rene Guest

    "Forcing the browser to resize (Height=90%) guarantees that your image
    But if you do it the other way around, you get a lot of comments
    from people with 800x600 screens... I think it is impossible to make
    a website which makes all people (all browsers, all monitor resolutions)
    happy. At least you can save the pic to disk, and do whatever with it....

    Rene

    Rene, Jul 17, 2003
  15. Rene

    J. A. Mc. Guest

    IF you've the space, put up a good image for 800x600 format and a
    "SUPERSIZE" link beneath. You won't depend upon the crappy browser to
    resize 'on the fly' and produce jaggies. Only those wanting the BIG
    view will wait for the full sized, others will be spared a longer DL
    wait as well!

    The worst problem comes with the <Height=90%> when the viewer is using
    a browser window -larger- than yours and thus the image becomes
    magnified! Boy is that pure junk!.

    FWIW, a little manipulation of the under platform areas in your second
    night shot brings out some interesting details and extra colours on
    the supports.

    J. A. Mc., Jul 18, 2003