Official HP beta x64 drivers for Inkjet Printers

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, Apr 8, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Apr 8, 2006

  2. Thanks, Carlos!

    My machine ran it's HP Software Update checker upon Booting and reported
    nothing - I clicked your link and yes, there it is - but, alas, it is for
    the 2650 Color Inkjet (Many will be happy, but mine is a PSC 2355, so I will
    have to arm myself with patience).

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 9, 2006

  3. Guest

    Corsair Guest

    i've followed the link, and as you say is for 2650, but browse over your
    model, in software and drivers, xp 64, and you could find your model, as I
    have found my HP dj6840, which is the same program than in the link posted.

    Corsair, Apr 9, 2006
  4. Dominic Payer, Apr 9, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Tony:
    PSC 2350 series IS supported by this driver.
    Found that investigating the .inf file contents.
    Give it a try, man!
    Carlos

    Guest, Apr 9, 2006
  6. Thanks, all - I certainly will, looking at the picture of that 2650 didn't
    leave me with much hope of support beyond the 'P' in the 'PSC'.

    Thanks!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 9, 2006
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Tony:
    It seems as if these drivers were "One size fits all" for their ink based
    printers.
    These are version 5.64.0.17 (beta 1) and the last ones I downloaded from
    planetamd were 5.64.0.12 (pre-beta).
    Also take note of the procedure for installing the drivers.
    Do not plug the printer until you are instructed to do so by the
    installation program.
    Carlos

    Guest, Apr 9, 2006
  8. Thanks for posting that, however I have no need for that Driver (Both my HP
    Desk Jet 960 Cxi Printer Driver and my HP Desk Jet 952C Printer Driver are
    bundled right into the 64-Bit Windows Operating Systems).

    Kevin John Panzke, Apr 9, 2006
  9. Guest

    Rick Guest

    I think the post was for the benefit and general information of anyone
    who stops by here. If it doesn't apply to you, then just disregard it.

    Rick, Apr 9, 2006
  10. Thank you, Carlos. Yes I am currently running that same '0.12 pre-beta'
    version. What I am anxious to see is if the official version lets you
    operate the thing from the panel - the functions are almost flawless (except
    for it terminating duplex jobs if you don't turn the stack within some
    time-frame, which may actually be the screensaver kicking in, I am not
    sure).

    I was a little annoyed, when I had to go via the Control Panel applet, but
    today I don't mind - but better it would be, if corrected.

    Greetings, Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 10, 2006