    unselected. If I select text and attempt to enter something else in its
    place the text is not cleared and instead the entered keys appear above this
    selected text. What can I do to fix this extremely frustrating problem?

    Dan, Jul 25, 2005

  2. Dan

    SgtMinor Guest

    "The BACKSPACE key does not function as expected in Word 2003 or in Word
    2002"
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/901124

    SgtMinor, Jul 25, 2005

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Ok I finally figured it out! Tools > Options > Edit tab. Select "Typing
    replaces selection" this was previously unchecked.

    Dan, Jul 27, 2005
  4. Dan

    JCR

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank you!

    You just saved my life!

    I was about to uninstall/reinstall the whole MS Office suite, plus Outlook which seems to share a number of settings with MS Office.

    Thank you from France...

    JC

    JCR, Nov 27, 2008