Office Starter 2010: What’s The Point?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 15, 2010.

  1. Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 15, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    peterwn Guest

    And if it is adware, why is Micro$oft selling it to OEM's. It should
    be giving it to OEM's or even paying OEM's to stick it on computers
    sold.

    By the way, as I understand it, Office Starter as installed is
    actually the full version, but locked down to a bare subset of
    features. A credit card is needed to unlock it.

    peterwn, Jun 15, 2010

  3. Lots of people seem to be sticking with Office 2003, even though it’s now
    two versions out of date.

    Looked at OpenOffice? At least that has a future.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 15, 2010
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Sweetpea Guest

    IOW, it's actually crippleware.