Office of the Attorney General and the FTC

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Starlover, Oct 28, 2004.

  1. Starlover

    Starlover Guest

    To Let you all known I've filed complaints with the "Office of the Attorney
    General" and the FTC as well as Consumer Affairs About ATI here's a copy, so
    you know.

    On 10/22/2004 I bought an ATI HDTV Wonder from Frys Electronics. After I
    had check the system requiments at system requiments at the ATI Technologies
    Inc. Web site and on the Product Box, they both state the requirements for
    the graphics card as 64MB's , however once I open the box and read the
    handbooks the story changed.
    HDTV Wonder handbook states and I quote: "The following ATI graphics card
    support HDTV WONDER"

    ALL-IN-WONDER 9800 PRO
    ALL-IN-WONDER 9700 PRO
    ALL-IN-WONDER 9600 PRO
    RADEON 9800 Series
    RADEON 9700 Series
    RADEON 9600 Series
    RADEON 9500 Series

    But even this isn't true because the ATI Remote Wonder handbook that comes
    with it Say's on Page 4 under
    Eazylook and I quote "Note that you will require an ALL-IN -WONDER family
    product to access the features listed
    under the TV heading" Unquote. Which means you need an ALL-IN-WONDER 9600
    PRO or better to the ATI HDTV
    Wonder to work as Advertised, not a 64 MB graphics card.
    To me this is FALSE Advertisement. I've returned it Fry's with no problem
    and informed them of what is going on and their checking into it.

    Starlover, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Starlover

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Whoopdifukingdo you got your money back without any problem why are you
    trying to cause one. And what the hell do you think the FTC and AG are going
    to do about.it. Stop wasting my tax dollars.

    pcbutts1, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Starlover

    yugsdrawkcab Guest

    It's only EAZYLOOK that requires an ALL-IN-WONDER family product. You're
    whining over one OPTIONAL feature. Everything works as advertised.

    yugsdrawkcab, Oct 28, 2004
  4. Starlover

    Daniel Guest

    My guess is that you might get some confusing wording changed in
    manuals...probably nothing more (unless they do a "special thanks to" type
    of credits listing somewhere & you give them permission [& that is IF they
    even want to after all of this]).

    Also (can someone else help confirm or deny this?), don't most government
    offices for complaining require that you attempt to resolve the issue with
    those involved such as dealers & marketers & developers/manufacturers first?
    What did ATI say when you told them of this confusion or what ever you want
    to call it? I know my English skills aren't the greatest, but I don't
    remember reading anything about you complaining to them FIRST, AND you not
    getting anything resolved with them.

    By the way, "we're looking into it" is another way of saying "we're done, go
    somewhere else" when customer service or who ever just doesn't want to deal
    with you about the issue.

    Daniel, Oct 28, 2004
  5. Starlover

    Starlover Guest

    Wrong none of the features worked and I'm not winnying. I'm trying to warn
    you. I've posted the pages in the video newsgroup. The reason I'm turn in
    complants is to stop the false advertisement.
    As for ATI they send a generial message and don't answer the questions. But
    I won't any more, just go waste your money.

    Starlover, Oct 28, 2004
  6. Starlover

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | To Let you all known I've filed complaints with the "Office of the
    And just how much effect is the FTC and the attorney general going to have
    on the manual writing practices of a Canadian company?

    Toolman Tim, Oct 29, 2004
  7. Starlover

    Dragon5126 Guest

    Stooges like you, who cant read CONTEXT make me laugh... the HDTV needs a 64
    meg card... and the listed cards directly support it, but you need the All
    In Wonder family to access ALL the features. Your complaints to the FTC and
    the AG's office gave some people some big laughs, first over the fact that
    you are too stupid to own a computer and second that you sent the complaint
    to them instead of your state's Consumer Protection Agency (differing name
    in different states).
    PT Barnum had a saying about you.

    Dragon5126, Oct 30, 2004
  8. Starlover

    zippy do da Guest

    Basicly in a nut shell no decoder card with the video card you have to
    get seperatly.

    zippy do da, Nov 4, 2004