    potential harm done to my new printer.

    Any and all advice is appreicated.

    Bob in RSM, CA

    Bob Hayden, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Bob Hayden

    Bill Hilton Guest

    Bill Hilton, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Bob Hayden

    John H Guest

    Bob, if you haven't done so, check out 'comp.periphs.printers'. There
    is a lot of info there about ink refills, etc.

    John H

    On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
    on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

    John H, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Bob Hayden

    Bob Hayden Guest

    John,
    THanks...I just posted the message tehre and will browse the other posts.
    Bob

    Bob Hayden, Jan 5, 2004
  5. There are some good third party inks available, but most of not all
    suffer in some way compared to the original inks. You will be able to see
    most possible problems for yourself. The one you will find difficult to
    test is archival quality.

    Remember that paper, ink and the printer all work together. With third
    party inks you may find a different paper works better and you may need to
    tweak some setting to get the best possible results.

    It is well known that the ink is where they make their money and the
    manufacturers all have worked hard to make it difficult for you to use other
    inks.

    It is possible, but I don't believe likely, that other inks may cause
    damage or increased problems with your printer.

    Joseph Meehan, Jan 5, 2004
  6. Bob Hayden

    Mark Herring Guest

    See my answer to this in comp.periphs.printers-------there are lots of
    options

    Hint: post to both groups together--not separately
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

    Mark Herring, Jan 6, 2004
  7. Bob Hayden

    Buster Guest

    Keep watch on this site for ink testing & research:
    http://www.wilhelm-research.com/

    Buster, Jan 6, 2004