    from box. Can anyone help me help her with the solution?
    Thanks,
    Monica

    Trent, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Trent

    Phil® Guest

    Have her click in the 'From' box and choose an account.

    Phil®, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Trent

    Phil® Guest

    <to add>
    When 'Reply' is chosen, the 'From' box,
    defaults to the account used.

    Phil®, Feb 7, 2004
  4. Trent

    Trent Guest

    Thank you Phil. I'm sure she knows she can do that but why would she HAVE
    to do that. I have multiple accounts and the one that is marked default is
    the one that is listed in the sender AND the from box.
    Monica

    Trent, Feb 7, 2004
  5. Trent

    Phil® Guest

    Yes, I understand but what I'm thinking is that if the
    original email was from a sub-account (not the default),
    the reply 'From' box, will default to that account, no?

    Phil®

    Phil®, Feb 7, 2004
  6. Trent

    Trent Guest

    Yes, you're right, but the original IS from the default acct. That's the
    puzzle :eek: Plus, it's not just replies to messages she's sent, it might be
    messages she's replying to from a (for instance) yahoo list. Some posts a
    message and when she replies, an account, other than her default acct, is
    listed in the "from" box. I'm stumped!
    Monica

    Trent, Feb 7, 2004
  7. Trent

    trout Guest

    It depends upon what kind of accounts you're dealing with. If they
    are sub-accounts with different names, but the same email address; the
    actual 'default' account used for a reply depends upon which account the
    user is 'in' when the message is *received*.
    For example; I have 3 accounts like this. The default account is the
    only one checked to "Include this account when receiving mail or
    synchronizing" (Tools; Accounts; Mail tab; Properties). So clicking on
    Send/Rec, or Receive All, will download messages to all three accounts,
    but any replies will be 'from' the default account.
    If, however, I use the 'drop-down list' beside the Send/Receive
    button, and click on a sub-account to receive mail, any reply will be
    from the name in *that* account.
    If it is a real problem; you could consider using different
    *identities* within OE to handle each account. However, each Identity
    would have to use a Message Rule to prevent the downloading of mail for
    the other account(s), and you'd have to switch identities to check mail
    for the other(s).
    Probably easier to check the "from" box.

    trout, Feb 7, 2004