OE removed access to the following attachments in your mail: <file name>

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alex Vinokur, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    =====================
    Windows 2000 Professional
    Outlook Express 6
    =====================

    I can't access to attachments in incoming mails in Outlook Express 6.

    The mail message contains warning :
    "OE removed access to the following attachments in your mail: <file name>"
    What causes that?

    There was no problem with attachments in Outlook Express 5.

    Is it possible to get access to attachments in incoming mails ?

    P.S. By the way, if we forward the incoming mail with problematic attachments
    we do get access to the same attachments in the forwarded mail (before sending).

    =====================================
    Alex Vinokur
    mailto:
    =====================================

    Alex Vinokur, Jul 20, 2003

  2. Alex Vinokur

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Alex Vinokur said:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=access+to+attachments&btnG=Google+Search

    1,120,000 hits in 0.3 seconds

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

    Brian H¹©, Jul 20, 2003

  3. Tools>options>security

    Steven Pilbeam, Jul 20, 2003
  4. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    Alex Vinokur, Jul 20, 2003
  5. Alex Vinokur

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Alex Vinokur said:
    The answer is available on the first page of hits.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 20, 2003
  6. Alex,

    Posted to newsgroup and emailed directly to the poster of the message that this is a reply to.

    See if this helps.

    Load up Outlook Express and click on Tools/Options/Security and see if you've got a tick against "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus."

    If you have then uncheck this box and you should get access to all attachments.

    John Clifford Hole [MVP] of Enfield Middlesex

    John Clifford Hole, Jul 20, 2003
  7. Alex Vinokur

    Kath Guest

    Kath, Jul 20, 2003
  8. Alex Vinokur

    Gary Tsang Guest

    Gary Tsang, Jul 20, 2003
  9. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    You must be mistaken, it's not possible to do that.

    Alex Vinokur, Jul 21, 2003
  10. Alex Vinokur

    Michael Guest

    So?