    can anyone shed light on this?
    i have googled, but i seem to get bogged down in technical terms.
    thanks for any helpful suggestions.

    jils, Jun 19, 2004

  2. jils

    Brian Guest

    right click on the task bar>>properties>>

    Brian, Jun 19, 2004

  3. jils

    jils Guest

    i'm not seeing anything in there to make the new mail icon appear brian.
    can you give me more clues please?

    jils, Jun 19, 2004
  4. jils

    Barney Guest

    Right click the Start button>>Properties>>Taskbar>>Customize. If the 'you
    have new mail' is there then click on the Behaviour to 'always show'. If
    it's not there then scroll down to Past Items Section and select 'always
    show' from there. Then click OK then Apply. To test it send yourself an
    email.

    Barney, Jun 19, 2004
  5. jils

    jils Guest

    oh thanks so much barney. i never knew all that stuff was in there .. !!
    i'll pass on that info to my friend.
    MY setting was "hide when inactive" but it works the way i expect it to; it
    shows when there's new mail and turns off when i open the mail. we'll
    experiment with settings now i know where it is anyway. thanks again!

    in message

    jils, Jun 19, 2004