    I've played and Googled for hours but I guess I'm too dumb to figure
    it out.

    Thanks.

    rxparish, Nov 12, 2003

  2. rxparish

    rifleman Guest

    there is a way of setting up a rule so that mail that is NOT from people in
    your address book gets deleted .

    Create new rule, select "from line contains people",
    click "contains people" in box 3, click address book, select first name
    then
    shift + down arrow to select all, click "from", OK, click "options"
    click "does Not contain people"
    click "matches All of the people"
    and finish desired options.
    Don't forget to include "stop processing more rules"
    Any time you add some one to your address book you manually
    need to add that name to the rule.

    rifleman, Nov 12, 2003

  3. rxparish

    Boomer Guest

    wrote in
    Download and install Mozilla. :)
    www.mozilla.org

    Boomer, Nov 12, 2003
  4. rxparish

    Trent C Guest

    95% of the Spam I receive does not contain my address in the To field
    There isn't a direct way of achieving this with in Outlook Express the
    approach you've outlined, so you have a couple of choices - dump OE or come
    at it from a different direction.

    If you want to hang on to OE, you could do worse that sent up a white list
    for your address book, then an exclusion rule based on known spamming ISPs
    and subject line guff. I've built mine up over a period of a couple of
    months and it catches 95% of incoming spam.

    Trent C, Nov 12, 2003
  5. rxparish

    rxparish Guest

    I'm so proud of myself I have to share it with the world.

    I figured it out. Almost. It works most of the time.

    Much of the Spam I get has my e-address in the To field along with
    that of some other people who I never heard of.

    What I did was to set up a rule that sent to the Junk folder messages
    in which the To field contained letters that are not in my own e-mail
    address. My e-address is (without the
    CRAP) so the rule sends addresses that contain a letter b, d, f or g
    (plus other letters) to the folder named Junk.

    I think it's a good rule.

    RXP
    Patting myself on the back.

    -----