    installation. I did have to reclaim all the volumes with my new account.
    I've patched everything, scanned with the latest Norton virus defs and
    nothing has come up. Can anyone shed some light please?

    Jules, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Jules

    HF Guest

    HF, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Jules

    HF Guest

    Dear oh Dear

    HF, Sep 19, 2003
  4. Jules

    Plato Guest

    You have a hard drive space problem or a spyware problem. Got at least 1
    gig free on all your hard drives???

    Plato, Sep 20, 2003
  5. Jules

    Jules Guest

    System disk 40GB is around 60% full across 2 partitions, with 50% full on
    boot partition. Data is stored on disk 2 -80GB, which is around 50% full
    across 4 partitons, all defragged to less than 10% fragmentation. If its
    spyware, will NAV Corp pick it up? The pc in question sits in a domain with
    a firewall on the pdc which is also the internet gateway, the firewall
    should pick up spyware traffic going out no?

    Jules, Sep 20, 2003
  6. Jules

    c Guest

    NAV doesn't pick up spyware. You need a program like Ad Aware or Spybot
    Search and Destroy. Both are available free at www.download.com. Your
    firewall may pick up the spyware traffic, but a possibility could be that
    these programs are active in the background. I'm not sure it will solve your
    problem or not, but IMO, spyware removal software has become as important as
    virus software. Two good sites to learn about spyware are:

    www.spywareinfo.com and www.cexx.org.

    Chris

    c, Sep 21, 2003
  7. Jules

    Plato Guest

    Spyware is not covered by anti-virus programs because they are not
    viruses. And get this, the new trojans attempt and may, [tho I havent
    verified] disable your firewall for their particular functions. Thing is
    caution as your anti-virus wont do the most recent trojans until they
    write the code to to so in their update.

    Plato, Sep 21, 2003