    Anyone head of this or have any ideas? Maybe a new virus?

    Just trying to get a head start in case I get more calls.....

    THANKS!!

    Les Stewart, Apr 22, 2004

  2. Les Stewart

    SgtMinor Guest

    Is this you?

    Domain Name: NOHOW.COM

    Registrant:
    NewMall (DTIFRXEFRD)
    378-2 Wooam-Dong Sangdang-Gu
    Chungju, ChungBuk 360814
    KR

    Administrative Contact:
    HyunJong, Lee (36380629P)
    378-2 Wooam-Dong Sangdang-Gu
    Chungju, ChungBuk 360814
    KR
    82-43-225-5000

    They've been having a lot of problems there (in KR) with that XP OE6.0
    combo.

    SgtMinor, Apr 22, 2004

  3. Les Stewart

    Les Stewart Guest

    Not me.

    Les Stewart, Apr 22, 2004
  4. Les Stewart

    Boomer Guest

    Then don't abuse someone's domain.

    ~ Munging ~
    http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

    If you use Outlook Express go to...
    Tools> Accounts...> News tab> Properties button> General tab.
    Under "User Information" change the "Name", "E-mail address"
    and "Reply address" fields.

    Example:

    Verify that it is Not a valid domain here:
    http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

    ~ Spambots ~
    http://www.sendfakemail.com/fakemail/botbait/makebait.asp

    ~ Harvesting ~
    http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~gcaselton/spam/harvesting.html

    Boomer, Apr 23, 2004
  5. Les Stewart

    SgtMinor Guest

    Does it bother you at all that you have appropriated a domain name and -
    by posting on usenet - are causing spam to be sent to that address?

    Check this out: http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html

    SgtMinor, Apr 23, 2004
  6. Les Stewart

    Les Stewart Guest

    Good point, never thought that someone might be using "nohow.com".

    It is fixed.

    Les Stewart, Apr 23, 2004
  7. Les Stewart

    Trent SC Guest

    Then don't abuse someone's domain.
    Not really. The way you've set it up will still create traffic on the net.
    Better to make up an email address that won't even get past the sender's
    ISP. I use , which is guaranteed to fall at the
    first hurdle.

    Trent SC, Apr 23, 2004
  8. Les Stewart

    Les Stewart Guest

    Makes sense to me. Learn something new every day.

    Thanks!

    Les Stewart, Apr 23, 2004
  9. Les Stewart

    Trent© Guest

    Find out if they installed any updates lately.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    What do you call a smart blonde?
    A golden retriever.