    Any ideas? solution?
    Thanks for your help.
    Peter

    Peter Lewis, Jun 18, 2004

  2. Peter Lewis

    docmill Guest

    From http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/win2000/t1042641285

    Start Regedit

    Go to HKLM,Software,Microsoft,Windows,CurrentVersion,Run

    Double-click Quick Time Task put semicolon in front of
    "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

    OK

    Close Regedit

    docmill, Jun 18, 2004

  3. Peter Lewis

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jun 18, 2004
  4. Peter Lewis

    Guest Guest

    Windows XP has a System Restore Program that will restore your system to a
    previous good known Configuration. You can choose the date you would like to
    return to or pick a date that your system has indicated. To do this:

    Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, then System Tools. There you will
    find System Restore and click on it.
    Choose one of the options, then click next. Follow theach step and see if
    that doesn't help your problem. If I were you restore back to the date when
    this problem started.

    Good Luck and have a Blessed Day!......Karen

    Guest, Jun 18, 2004
  5. Peter Lewis

    Peter Lewis Guest

    Thanks to those who responded.
    It seems to be a Quicktime problem.
    As was suggested, I opened Quicktime and disabled the automatic update
    function. On restarting Windows, the same error window opened. No luck
    there.
    I then disabled the system tray function that loads Quicktime
    automatically on startup, and the error window does not appear. That's
    one way of fixing it, I guess. It will do for now.
    As always, a very helpful group.
    Regards,
    Peter

    Peter Lewis, Jun 19, 2004
  6. Peter Lewis

    Cats2fangs

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device/harddisk2/DR4

    Here's the real deal, or at least this is what was going on with me; my card reader had assigned itself as c: . When I had first installed WinXP, I had the card reader plugged in, and WinXP saw that before the Sata drives, so it named it C:. Now, heres the easy way to fix it. This will make it go away, if this is your cause as well:
    1. Start, then Control Panel.
    2. Category View (not Classic view), then Performance and Maintenance
    3. Administrative Tools, then double-click Computer Management
    4. left panel, double-click Disk Management, and maximize the screen.
    5. Select the drive that has named itself C (if not your primary hard drive), and right-click to change the letter to something else. Done!

    I'm convinced that despite Microsoft claiming it is Quicktime, this error has nothing to do with any application.
    :veryprou:

    Cats2fangs, Jan 27, 2008
  7. Peter Lewis

    Cats2fangs

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    BTW, don't be tempted to try changing the letter on your primary hard drive. The windows registry will not be able to find any of your programs. I don't think it will let you change it anyway.

    Cats2fangs, Jan 27, 2008