Odd size desktop power supply?.

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by tony sayer, Mar 25, 2011.

  1. tony sayer

    tony sayer Guest

    Dusty..nothing else apparent
    Fuse intact.
    Not done.
    Was OK..
    Could have done but where do you stop on something that seems to be
    available for 7 quid nowadays?. Course I take into account I was asking
    if anyone know where the odd size unit came from. It would have been
    simpler to have transplanted the board but the replacement one around 30
    odd quid from WOC a while ago had a very nice cooling fan and looked a
    better product so thats in circuit and all operating fine:)

    I have over the years spend quite some frustrating hours working on
    equipment with no service info and in the main its been time wasting
    sadly. It would be good if manufacturers could just paste a simple paper
    circuit diagram inside there equipment but hardly any do..

    Thats what's quite gratifying servicing some older Audio equipment like
    the QUAD range. OK olde design but info abounds and most all parts are
    around or easily subbed. In fact my missus has a QUAD 33/303 combo in
    her study still sounds excellent and dates from 1971 and will I suspect
    will still be there for sometime yet;!...

    tony sayer, Mar 27, 2011

  2. I obtained a PC PS from CPC - long and thin rather than the more usual
    almost square type - and fitted it into the Acorn PS case. The cost was so
    low it was not worth the bother of fault finding the original.

    Could you do the same sort of thing?

    Dave Plowman (News), Mar 27, 2011

  3. tony sayer

    tony sayer Guest

    I obtained a PC PS from CPC - long and thin rather than the more usual
    As mentioned now Dave all dun and dusted, took a standard sized one and
    put it over the other side of the desktop case!..

    Point take re CPC pity their website is that awkward to use sometimes..

    tony sayer, Mar 27, 2011