Odd file behavior Windows 7RC 64bit w/VM XP Mode installed

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by *BUSY*, Oct 28, 2009.

  1. *BUSY*

    *BUSY* Guest

    I downloaded two program installers and saved to desktop in Windows 7 RC
    build 7100. I started the XP Mode VM, minimized it, then cut the two
    installer programs from Windows 7 desktop, maximized XP Mode and attempted
    to paste them on the XP desktop. I got an error message that the files could
    not be found. They had disappeared. I downloaded them again in Windows 7,
    this time I put them in Documents folder along with several other installer
    executables I was saving. I maximized XP Mode, went to My Computer in XP and
    opened the C:/ drive that Windows 7 is on (it's shown as a network drive on
    the VM) and located the Documents folder, opened it and immediately about
    ten files disappeared including the files I had just downloaded. They were
    there then, poof! Gone. I finally got the programs installed that I wanted
    after downloading them in the XP Mode. The files that disappeared are gone
    from Windows 7 even after a reboot. I have a program that automatically
    empties/deletes the contents of the Temp folder on reboot and after
    restarting it was busy wiping 2 GBs of what I think were my missing files.

    Just something you might want to be aware of if using XP Mode.

    __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4541 (20091025) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    *BUSY*, Oct 28, 2009

  2. *BUSY*