    click to "take". Can someone suggest what might be happening? It isn't
    a problem, just a minor irritation.

    Gib

    Gib Bogle, Aug 3, 2003

  2. Thus spake Gib Bogle:
    > I've been using ADSL (Ihug) for a few months now, and it works fine
    > except for one small issue. When I click on a newsgroup (in Mail &
    > Newsgroups, Netscape 7.1) there is sometimes no immediate response. I
    > wait, click again, and sometimes it takes 5 seconds or more for the
    > click to "take". Can someone suggest what might be happening? It isn't
    > a problem, just a minor irritation.

    Well, I seem to notice a similar thing.

    Also, Netscape (and Mozilla) is sometimes checking your pop account for
    new mail to tell you about it. During this time there is no indication
    anything is happening, but if you click Get Messages during this time it
    won't do anything. This catches me out every time at startup.

    I submitted a bug

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    http://homepages.visp.co.nz/~aaronlawrence

    Aaron Lawrence, Aug 3, 2003

  3. Gib Bogle

    bt Guest

    On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 12:06:01 +1200, Gib Bogle
    <> wrote:

    >I've been using ADSL (Ihug) for a few months now, and it works fine
    >except for one small issue. When I click on a newsgroup (in Mail &
    >Newsgroups, Netscape 7.1) there is sometimes no immediate response. I
    >wait, click again, and sometimes it takes 5 seconds or more for the
    >click to "take". Can someone suggest what might be happening? It isn't
    >a problem, just a minor irritation.

    With the cold days we have been having lately, the electrons move more
    slowly and sometimes even get stick to the phone wires by frost.

    There is little that can be done about it, but you might try rubbing
    the phone lines for a few minutes to warm them up.

    Note: this is ALL FACT. I only post FACTS. ;)

    Brendan (Avatar)

    --
    ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

    Check out my cool Water Cooling Project! http://www.computerman.orcon.net.nz/WaterCooling1.html

    Email: corum.usenet@myrealbox (dot com). No Timewasters. No UCE.
    My comments are IMHO, IIRC, FYI, and Copyright.

    bt, Aug 4, 2003
  4. Gib Bogle

    Bob McLellan Guest

    I have similar symptom on a local network with its own news server.
    Using Moz 1.0. I think it is in the Moz/Netscape code because other
    clients seem ok.

    Bob McLellan, Aug 4, 2003
  5. Gib Bogle

    Gib Bogle Guest

    bt wrote:

    > On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 12:06:01 +1200, Gib Bogle
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>I've been using ADSL (Ihug) for a few months now, and it works fine
    >>except for one small issue. When I click on a newsgroup (in Mail &
    >>Newsgroups, Netscape 7.1) there is sometimes no immediate response. I
    >>wait, click again, and sometimes it takes 5 seconds or more for the
    >>click to "take". Can someone suggest what might be happening? It isn't
    >>a problem, just a minor irritation.

    > With the cold days we have been having lately, the electrons move more
    > slowly and sometimes even get stick to the phone wires by frost.
    >
    > There is little that can be done about it, but you might try rubbing
    > the phone lines for a few minutes to warm them up.
    >
    > Note: this is ALL FACT. I only post FACTS. ;)

    Thanks. Do you think tapping the lines might work too? I can reach
    them with a broomstick, and it would be much easier than rubbing.

    Gib

    Gib Bogle, Aug 5, 2003
  6. Gib Bogle

    bt Guest

    On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 19:38:30 +1200, Gib Bogle
    <> wrote:

    >> With the cold days we have been having lately, the electrons move more
    >> slowly and sometimes even get stick to the phone wires by frost.
    >>
    >> There is little that can be done about it, but you might try rubbing
    >> the phone lines for a few minutes to warm them up.
    >>
    >> Note: this is ALL FACT. I only post FACTS. ;)

    >Thanks. Do you think tapping the lines might work too? I can reach
    >them with a broomstick, and it would be much easier than rubbing.

    REDE WATTE I SAD!! DO NOT TAP THE LINES!!!!

    I have been a quallifried mainfram enginer for 40 years,,,. The
    electons will fall off the line and role arond on the flour, and you
    could slip over on they.

    ,Elven brian deed tenagers know that..,,.

    READ the FRACTS!

    www.qualityfriedmainframenginersonle.com/electrickery/erections&wires.html

    It will show you howe to cave a grove int o the wies so the erections
    can grow along theme..,

    ;)

    Brendan (Avatar)

    bt, Aug 7, 2003