    the right direction for the instructions on using them?

    Thanks,

    Kenneth Kincaid

    Kenneth Kincaid, Jul 21, 2005

  2. Kenneth Kincaid

    why? Guest

    Tha't not with SQL server or is it, you didn't say.
    Neither did you say if it's the presence / version of the drivers or a
    page to test access to data using the drivers.

    Try www.google.com
    http://support.microsoft.com/
    or for developers
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/
    for lots of odbc stuff.

    You will find info about odbc test code and odbcping.

    Me

    why?, Jul 21, 2005

  3. Kenneth Kincaid

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Most ODBC connections using the provider's driver and setting it up with the
    O/S's ODBC setup screens have a Test Connetion button at the end of the
    setup. You'll know if the ODBC has a valid connection to the data source at
    that point. However, I have only worked with databases like SQL Server,
    Sybase, Access using ODBC.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 21, 2005