    the router yet so don't know whether the firmware locks off voip.

    Any info gratefully received.

    --

    Herman, Jan 22, 2008

  2. Herman

    alexd Guest

    The Be version doesn't lock down the VoIP, although I've never managed to
    get it working in my setup [SIP proxy on LAN not WAN, BeBox bridged not
    routed].
    Is it a Speedtouch 780WL? That's what I have from Be. There's lots of
    info on it in the Be forums, but unfortunately you probably won't be able
    to see any of it. This forum has quite a bit of info in it too:

    http://www.beforum.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?f=5

    alexd, Jan 23, 2008

  3. Herman

    rick Guest

    BE no longer supply the speedtouch with VOIP ports
    O2 do supply the 780 but ports are locked down plus speed is crap from
    both BE and O2 around here I was only getting 4.1 from BE and only
    slightly more from O2 now getting 7.5 from IDNET .

    rick, Jan 23, 2008
  4. Herman

    alexd Guest

    If the config is missing from the web interface, you could probably get
    the VoIP back by putting the Be firmware on it :)

    alexd, Jan 23, 2008
  5. Herman

    rick Guest

    Having given both of them ago and found them both lacking concerning
    speed issues , on the recommendation of a guy I know personally I have
    migrated to IDnet . Been with them a week now and so far I just cannot
    fault them although not ADSL 2 I am more than happy with the 7.5 Mb I
    am getting constantly from them .

    rick, Jan 23, 2008
  6. Herman

    alexd Guest

    You've said that twice now and I still don't know what it's got to do
    with the topic.

    alexd, Jan 23, 2008
  7. Herman

    Herman Guest

    In case it is of any use, I have managed to get VoIP working with the O2
    branded speedtouch 780.

    You basically need to log on as:
    user: SuperUser
    password: O2Br0ad64nd

    Obviously there is some config in this that is not designed for end users
    (be careful!), but I have now got the box registered to voip.co.uk.

    I will eventually try calls, but there is a spot of rewiring I need to do
    before I do that.

    So no need to update firmware ;-)

    with thanks to http://www.dontbethere.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?f=12&m=17416

    Herman, Jan 25, 2008