    want to show her what it was actually like when it happened as the footage
    was incredible but sad, i used to have it all as it was broadcast live but
    have since lost the tape. cheers in advance.

    howie feltersnatch, Sep 19, 2004

  2. howie feltersnatch

    Dragon Guest

    Hi Howie

    I have been asking a friend for the same footage, now he told me last week
    that he has about two videos full, of the disaster and events afterward
    which he says he's going to put onto dvd for me, if he does you are welcome
    to a copy but let me see if he does it first. he is transferring from vhs
    to his dvd recorder so once he does it and gives me I will let you know as
    he has never done it before so it might take some time.

    Dave

    Dragon, Sep 19, 2004

  3. sounds great sad though it is but please keep in touch.

    howie feltersnatch, Sep 19, 2004
  4. howie feltersnatch

    Video Flyer Guest

    Don't forget that there are many, many documents of the event that have been
    released on DVD and are available generally for purchase.....although I'm
    not certain what their availability is outside of Region 1, to be honest. In
    particular, though, I'd look for 9/11: The Filmmaker's Commemorative Edition
    which was done by that team of French brothers who were out filming a NYC
    firefighting team for a documentary that morning and who caught the only (so
    far as I know) footage of the first plane hitting the towers. Powerfully
    affecting footage and a very well done documentary.

    Neal

    Video Flyer, Sep 19, 2004
  5. howie feltersnatch

    Dragon Guest

    hoping to get that one myself soon

    dave

    Dragon, Sep 19, 2004
  6. howie feltersnatch

    TB Guest

    Yeah, I'd second that recommendation. It's the only documentary that has
    footage from inside the towers during the attacks, however since it's mainly
    from one perspective, it lacks a lot of the footage from outside the
    buildings as the disaster unfolded. For that perspective, I'd also recommend
    the HBO special "In Memorium New York City 9/11/01." Overall, probably the
    best documentary and contains the most comprehensive footage of the attacks
    which incidently also includes the footage of the 1st plane strike.

    T.B.

    TB, Sep 19, 2004
  7. cheers folks.

    howie feltersnatch, Sep 19, 2004
  8. I also would like to recommend the CNN tribute "America remembers" as
    well as 7 Days in September.

    Dyuob Poltice, Sep 20, 2004