    Howard Guest

  2. Howard

    Warwick Guest

    Warwick, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Howard

    AD. Guest

    Well the threat of cancer doesn't scare off smokers, so why should
    programmers be any different? ;)

    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Feb 18, 2004
  4. Howard

    Warwick Guest

    LOl, true as that is it feels a bit like catching Margaret Wilson and Steve
    Maharey in the secret liscenced smoking room at Bellamys toking up on
    hashish.

    Warwick, Feb 18, 2004
  5. Maybe not ... but isn't that code bloated ? ... and fat does scare
    people :) :)

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Feb 18, 2004
  6. It is cancer... it infected MS source :)

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 18, 2004
  7. Howard

    Roger_Nickel Guest

    I read that the code was leaked from a company porting Linux
    applications to Windows.(can't remember the link}. It's hard to see why
    MS would want GNUmake in its OS source, but who knows?. If they stole
    GZIP we could see the first legal defence of the GPL.

    Roger_Nickel, Feb 18, 2004

  8. Allegedly it was Mainsoft

    About 25% of NT4, around the same % of the Windows 2000 source and also most
    of the IE source code

    Nathan Mercer, Feb 18, 2004